Search This Blog

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to use the contact form or comment with recommendations, your opinions of the different fandoms, fics, pairings, whatever!

-FanFictionAddict

P.S. A lot of the fics I'll be talking about contain explicit sex/violence. I won't be quoting or going into detail, but I'll probably be making some kind of remark about it. So, if you get squeamish at the mere mention of sex and/or violence, this probably isn't the blog for you.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Views on Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1?

I pretty much obsess over this show, despite a lot of the inconsistencies. I watched it religiously when it was on the air, loving the dynamic between the characters (and the humor!). Even when Richard Dean Anderson left the cast, I still continued to watch (even if it wasn't nearly as enjoyable). Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Ben Browder (Cameron Mitchell), Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran), or Beau Bridges (General Landry). However, I think that the combination of the change in cast and the new enemy made the show less entertaining than it had been.


Pairings?

Sam/Jack all the way! It drove me insane that there was no resolution during the show. By the end, I would have been happy with an offhanded comment about people attending their wedding or something! *Sigh* Thankfully I have the world of fanfiction to fulfill my desire to see them together. I love the stories involving alternate realities or alternate timelines!

Other than Sam/Jack, I don't really have any strong feelings about any other pairings. I like the idea of Daniel/Janet, but I don't really read fics that focus on them.


Favorite characters/time period?

In terms of favorite main characters of fics, Sam and Jack (mainly because I love them together!). Daniel comes close behind them, since his character on the show was so entertaining, especially his interaction with Jack. I love Teal'c as a character, but I haven't really found any fics that I like where he's the protagonist. Same thing with General Hammond, Janet Frasier, Walter, Siler, etc.

As for the newer characters (Mitchell, Vala, Landry, etc.), like I said I have nothing against them. The problem is that I prefer fics that are based during the time when Jack was actively involved in the SGC, which happens to be the time when they weren't.

Because of that, I tend to read fics that take place during seasons 1-8, or alternate timelines around that time period, or alternate realities during that time period, etc. While I prefer ones where Sam and Jack get together, I don't read them exclusively.


Favorite episodes?

SO. MANY. Instead, I break it up into my favorite categories: time travel/distortion, alternate realities/timelines, and episodes with great lines. I'm more than willing to go into more detail if anyone's interested, but for right now I feel like that would take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment