Search This Blog

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to use the contact form or comment with recommendations, your opinions of the different fandoms, fics, pairings, whatever!

-FanFictionAddict

P.S. A lot of the fics I'll be talking about contain explicit sex/violence. I won't be quoting or going into detail, but I'll probably be making some kind of remark about it. So, if you get squeamish at the mere mention of sex and/or violence, this probably isn't the blog for you.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Major Misconduct by m7707

Twilight Fanfic

Links:
Fanfiction.net: Major Misconduct by m7707
Twilighted.net: Major Misconduct by m7707

Companion Story (EPOV of Major Misconduct):
Fanfiction.net: Coincidental Major by m7707
Twilighted.net: Coincidental Major by m7707
My review of Coincidental Major

Story Rating:
M/NC-17

Status:
Complete

Pairing:
Bella/Edward

Fanfiction.net Summary:
Edward Cullen - hot high school hockey player. Bella Swan - shy high school student. They've admired each other from afar, so what happens when they finally meet? Will they be strong enough to handle a threat from his past? No good deed goes unpunished...

Twilighted.net Summary:
Edward - hot high school hockey player. Bella - shy high school student. They've admired each other from afar, so what happens when they finally meet? Are they strong enough to handle a threat from his past? No good deed goes unpunished...

Review:
One of the first Twilight fanfics I ever read, this definitely opened me up to the world of All-Human Twilight characters. I read this several years ago, when I was closer in age and mentality to the high school characters. Re-reading it now, I still enjoy it, but I don't think I would have developed quite the same attachment to it that I have. If you're not into high school fics, then I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're willing to give it a try, I would definitely tell you to go for it. It has a great combination of romance and angst/action.

The Bella and Edward of this story are definitely ones that I prefer over the traditional personalities. Bella is still shy and looks at Edward with awe, but she develops more of a backbone and doesn't question their relationship every other second. Edward is still sort of possessive, but in a way that I see as being more protective than controlling. And the sexual tension in this is INTENSE. This writer has a real way of making my heart pound in my chest while reading some of the make-out and sex scenes.

The rating on this story is definitely deserved. The sex scenes can get pretty explicit (typical of what you might expect from an M/NC-17 Twilight story), and there is a cringe-worthy fight scene.

If you like this story, I would highly recommend the companion piece in EPOV, Coincidental Major (links above, review found here). It's great to see how Edward perceived all of their interactions.

Favorite Aspect:
The personalities of Bella and Edward being similar enough to the originals that it's not like the author wasn't paying attention, but different enough in a very good way to make the story better.

Rating:
9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment