Search This Blog

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to use the contact form or comment with recommendations, your opinions of the different fandoms, fics, pairings, whatever!

-FanFictionAddict

P.S. A lot of the fics I'll be talking about contain explicit sex/violence. I won't be quoting or going into detail, but I'll probably be making some kind of remark about it. So, if you get squeamish at the mere mention of sex and/or violence, this probably isn't the blog for you.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

To Let You Go by CharloBlack/CharlotteBlack

Harry Potter Fanfic

Links:
Fanfiction.net: To Let You Go by CharloBlack
GrangerEnchanted.com: To Let You Go by CharlotteBlack

Story Rating:
M, NC-17

Story Status:
Complete

Pairing:
Hermione/Remus

Fanfiction.net Summary:
On the morning of Remus and Tonks wedding Hermione falls victim to one of the Weasley twins’ experiments and is accidentally thrown 20 years into the past. Only one thing remains certain, horrible things happen to those who meddle with time… RLHG

GrangerEnchanted.com Summary:
On the morning of Remus and Tonks wedding Hermione falls victim to one of the Weasley twins’ experimental inventions and is accidentally thrown 20 years into the past. Not knowing whether she will ever be able to go back to her own time she decides to start to make a new life for herself. But, what happens when she returns and her new life and old life must combine? How will she cope?

One thing is certain, horrible things happen to those who meddle with time…

Review:
Fantastic story. If you've read a million time travel fics like I have, then you know that they can get a bit repetitive, but this one definitely has its own twist (although I may be biased, since this is actually one of the very first time travel fics I ever read...). Hermione winds up becoming Remus' mate- a theme I wish I could find in more stories. Now that I'm thinking about it, I guess I wish that there was a little bit more action (of the Death Eater fighting variety), but it's still a great story. I've re-read this one several times- it's that good.

As for the maturity rating, some of the sex scenes are a bit explicit, but there aren't a huge number (only a handful). It's not overly violent or anything either.

Favorite Aspect:
The idea of Hermione being Remus' mate- that concept that people are bound on a magical level like that makes me all gooey inside.

Rating:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment