Search This Blog

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I would love to hear from you, so feel free to use the contact form or comment with recommendations, your opinions of the different fandoms, fics, pairings, whatever!

-FanFictionAddict

P.S. A lot of the fics I'll be talking about contain explicit sex/violence. I won't be quoting or going into detail, but I'll probably be making some kind of remark about it. So, if you get squeamish at the mere mention of sex and/or violence, this probably isn't the blog for you.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Views on Merlin

That old guy?

No, not the old guy... well, not technically. The BBC TV show "Merlin" is great! I wasn't a huge fan of the last season, but I love the original take on the old story. It's the same as the love I have for remakes of fairy tale.

Unfortunately, at the moment (as of June 2014) I'm not really keeping up with this fandom, but I have several  completed fics that I'll probably add to the blog.

Which Characters?

Merlin and Arthur tend to be the main characters of the fics I read, mainly because they're so crucial to the show. I loved their interaction and bromance in the show. Gwen is great in the show, but I don't find her character interesting enough to read stories centered on her.

Out of the knights, Gwaine is my favorite because of his friendship with Merlin initially (it helps that he's pretty hot). Lancelot, Percival, and Leon all rank at pretty much the same level after that. I generally don't read fics centered on any of the knights unless the summary REALLY grabs my attention.

Pairings?

I tend to like stories that are like extra episodes, so as long as the pairings don't overshadow the story I tend not to care who's involved with who. I can understand the Merlin/Arthur "Merthur" pairing, but I prefer Arthur/Gwen. And since I find Gwen's character to be a bit too boring, I don't search out stories that are centered around Arthur/Gwen or Merlin/Arthur.

No comments:

Post a Comment